4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2010 7:46 AM by Mylenium

complicated

fatpoo

Hello adobe minions

This is the situation. I'm working on a trial edit at the moment. Using premiere and AE (CS4) I've got these seperately so no dynamic link,

The request of the company is that I send them the premiere project file. They don't need any of the footage material as I downloaded it from them. The problem is I'm required to use AE as well for some parts of the video.

I'm unsure about how to get my AE compositions across onto the my project file/employer. Assuming he does have dynamic link could I just send him the AE project file and rely on him to piece it together. Also leads onto another question; for confirmation, are all the AE "layers" saved into the project file?  I've used some a photoshop file, which I'm going to send him, but as for all the texts, camera/lights, solid layers, I assume I jhave to send JUST the project file?

Also any suggestions on how to use comps with premiere pro without dynamic link is welcomed.

• 1. Re: complicated
          yenaphe Level 4

For the AE project, even if your client have dynamic link, it won't change anything because you imported the AE comps without it.

What I'd do is open your AE project, go to file > collect files. In the menu I'll choose "All" in the dropdown menu, then save to any folder you want. This will copy/collect all the source files of your project, plus a copy of your project into the specified folder.

Then, zip that folder and send it to your client.

Hope that helps.

• 2. Re: complicated
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Dynamic Link is an option, not an essentail feature. If extremely unlucky, some specifics of the project migh tprevent using it, anayway. You could always just render the movies just liek people did in the past. Of course collecting the projects is still advised, if your client wants editable files. No need to worry about AE internal items. These are indeed dynamically created and stored in the project file.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: complicated
              fatpoo Level 1

Thank you for your replies.

I tried to save my AE comp as an PPro project file and then copy over my original PPro project files to merge them, but then the whole animation doesn't render/play in PPro. So I''ve gone ahead with the collect files option. However does this mean without dynamic link I'm not able to to merge my AE compositions and PPro video sequence together in one nice stream? Unless of course I export one project file into a video and etc...

• 4. Re: complicated
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

However does this mean without dynamic link I'm not able to to merge my AE compositions and PPro video sequence together in one nice stream

Yes, that would be the downside of this specific scenario. Whether it would be a "nice stream", is still an open question, though. Do not forget that in essence DL runs two very demanding programs at the same time, where one is invisible in the background, serving as a frame renderer. With complex projects, this is less than a pleasant experience due to excessive memory and processing demands.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful