0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2010 2:34 AM by iandobie

Reader tries to open vnd.ms-word

iandobie Level 1

Hi,

I have created some ASP pages with a view to opening them and displaying them in Word. In order to do this I have put in the following code in the head of the Doc:

<% Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-word"
      Response.Buffer = True %>

This has worked successfully for all 11 computers in the office, and others on other sites - now all running either Vista or Windows 7 - except for one. On a new Windows 7 machine, if I try to open up the page, Adobe Reader seems to get in the way, by coming up with a dialog box saying:

"Adobe Reader could not open 'AR905F1.tmp' because it is either not a supported file type, or because the file has been damaged (e.g. it was sent as an email attachment and not correctly decoded)"

If I uninstall Adobe Reader, then it opens up in Word OK, but Word does come up with a message saying that it can't load the CSS file - so if I OK that, it loads the page, but without any CSS styling.

All other computers have had no problem with this whatsoever, but this one machine is important to get it working. Can anyone please help?!