2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2010 1:27 AM by bjsr12345

SampleDataEvent in AIR 2

bjsr12345

Is SampleDataEvent supposed to work outside of air 2? The live docs state that its available from flash player 10 and air 1.5 however it does not seem to work when i publish my flex project for the web.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: SampleDataEvent in AIR 2
          Joe ... Ward Level 4

Yes, it should work in Flash Player 10+ and AIR 1.5+. Maybe double check your publish settings?

• 2. Re: SampleDataEvent in AIR 2
            bjsr12345 Level 1

Thanks for the reply joe but im using flash builder and have checked the settings etc.  Even the autocomplete doesnt have the SAMPLE_DATA event when its not setup as an air application.  I have no idea what is going on!

Thanks again

[EDIT]

I have read my question and feel that I need to give further background on what i am trying to do.  Basically I am trying to detect microfone activity using the SampleDataEvent.  It works fine when I package it as an AIR 2 file, however if i try to deploy it solely on the flash player it does not seem to reckognise this even.  No error is thrown but it just doesnt do anything.

Any clues?

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:11:31 -0600

To: bobbyjohnsr@hotmail.co.uk

Subject: Adobe AIR SampleDataEvent in AIR 2

Yes, it should work in Flash Player 10+ and AIR 1.5+. Maybe double check your publish settings?

>