2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2010 4:13 PM by A_B777

Very Concerned about my project file created in trial version - No sequence preview preset

A_B777

Hi,

I need some help please with the Premiere Pro CS5 Trial version. I have been working on a project file for the last couple of weeks and getting to grips with the program. I have an 11min video made up of many clips. I already rendered most of it but aded some more clips. This time when I clicked render, it got to nearly 50% then stalled. I tried to cancel but had to force quit in Mac OS because it stopped responding. Could the file have been corrupted...

When I now try to reopen the file it gives me this message:

This project contained a sequence that could not be opened. No sequence preview preset file or codec could be associated with this sequence type.

What do I do now? I need to deliver the video by the end of the week.

I had a search and all I could find was that certain codecs have not been included in the trial version but I don't know for sure if this is the problem. I was working with HD video files that had already been converted to .mov files. I was able to render my video clips like this and then I added video which was shot on a non HD video camera. Could Premiere have had a problem working with the two? I also added a a number of transitions and effects.

Does anybody know how I can access my project? If I am now forced into buying the full product when I still have 10 days left of my trial, how do I know the full version will be able to open up my project file?

Any help / expertise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks