I'm assuming you were using only Flash Catalyst to edit your project, not Builder or any fancy Catalyst-Builder integration tools?
If so, then this is a bug in Catalyst, and something you may not be able to recover from.
Here's what we can do:
- If you can post your project publicly, just attach it to a reply and I will see if I can manually patch it for you. If not, please post the file at an upload site such as google docs, acrobat.com or dropbox, and PM me the link.
- See if you can locate the Catalyst runtime log and send it my way as well. There are instructions for how to grab the log here.
- If you recall the steps that led you to this project state in any further detail, please post those steps as well. It would be very helpful if you could find specific steps to reproduce the problem, but if not, no worries.
Here's a screen shot of my reply screen. There isn't an option to attach files.
I am only using Flash Catalyst and don't have these other tools in the Design Premium. We do have a copy of the Master Collection here at work if I need to access these programs.
I will PM you the log because it is quite long to post here.
The steps I listed in my original message are as detailed as I have. I tried redoing the "creating a start page" on a similar document and it worked perfectly and that extra bit of code wasn't in there.
I have a feeling that I need to just restart my project, unfortunately.
This issue is caused by an underlying bug in Catalyst. But, you may be able to fix your project by doing the following:
- Add an On Application Start > Play Action Sequence interaction
- Delete the above interaction
- Add a new page/state
- Add an On Application Start > Play Transition to [new state]
That may be enough to get your project into a workable state.
Thanks for your help Bear! Works great now!