4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2010 7:48 AM by nealeh

Can't remove "scene"

AdobeBD666-GutzyO

Something happened and APE 8.01 has created a "black scene" after one of my scenes when I trimmed it and I can't delete that scene or close the gap.

The options to right-click Delete and Close Gap in Timeline, Edit Clear in the menu, and Delete Just Scene in Sceneline are all dimmed.

Help!!!

• 1. Re: Can't remove "scene"
          nealeh Level 5

Can you zoom in on the timeline where this problem is and post a screen picture here please (with the black scene selected). Also are you still able to cut clips?

It sounds a little like a problem where in manipulating two clips you've created an orphaned scene. PRE is treating this as belonging with another non-contiguous scene (that reads dreadfully but I cannot think of a better way to describe it).

When I've had these, the fix is to unlink audio and video and cut the problem clip to isolate it from everything else so that it can be deleted. You then realign and link the audio and video.

Also check out the links in the 'More Like This' box to the right of your question:

more.png

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Can't remove "scene"
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also check to see if you have audio or video on a parallel track.

You can' delete and close gap if there is something on a parallel track preventing a true "gap" in your timeline.

• 3. Re: Can't remove "scene"
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE on "Orphans" might be useful.

As has been mentioned, if one has other Video, or most likely Audio, in another Track, over the gap, the program will not allow you to Delete and Close Gap, since that would also mean chopping up the other Video, or the Audio - something that you will most likely not want to happen. In that case, just lasso (or use Shift-click to Select multiple Clips), and drag to close the gap, leaving the non-Selected Clips in place.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Can't remove "scene"
                nealeh Level 5

Quick tip - press the backslash key [\] to reduce the timeline magnification to show the whole project. Then you can scroll up and down the tracks to see if there are any obvious unexpected clips present.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children