• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to hide title safe area?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - quick q - i created a project in cs5 using the new video settings - how do i hide the title/action safe guides?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Hi

The toolbar should say 'artboard' - after the input box labelled: Name, there are some small icons, the second along says "Display options" if you hover over it. Hidden under that icon are various options to show and hide the different aspects of the video grid if I'm correct in understanding what you're asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Double clicking the artboard tool in the tool palette will bring up this dialog box a little quicker. Agreed this setting feels a bit buried at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The toolbar should say 'artboard' - after the input box labelled: Name, there are some small icons, the second along says "Display options" if you hover over it. Hidden under that icon are various options to show and hide the different aspects of the video grid if I'm correct in understanding what you're asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked, beautiful, thnx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure, have fun. Illustrator's cool. All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great, but is there a keyboard shortcut to quickly toggle these guides on/off?

I guess I could re-draw them with guides, but do I need to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AntifreezeDesign schrieb:

This is great, but is there a keyboard shortcut to quickly toggle these guides on/off?

I guess I could re-draw them with guides, but do I need to?

This is a six year old thread.

Please be more specific about your problem. Might be better to create a new thread actually in order to not confuse everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no reason to throw out the information above just because of time, especially since it's still relevant to the original question above.

I'll repost, to gain more eyes, but if someone has a useful answer, please respond here as well for the sake of the archive. Again, to clarify for Monika since perhaps I'm not as clear as I can be, I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut to toggle on/off the guidelines discussed above in the Artboard preferences (crosshairs, action/title safe).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a menu command for it:

View > Rulers > Show/hide video rulers

You need to set up the shortcut yourself: Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are actually a different set, but that's good to know, and they do look related. Why they're there is beyond me, and why they aren't coupled with the Artboard crosshairs & title safe or incorporated into regular guide/pref functionality seems weirder still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old post, I know, but still relevant it seems, since I googled my way here just today.

I'd also be interested in the question AntifreezeDesign asked: would it be possible to toggle of the Cross Hairs / Center Mark / Video Safe -guides with a keyboard shortcut. It's pretty tedious having to go through Document Setup > Edit Artboards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing does not exist in the current version of Illustrator from Spring of 2018.  I have wasted the last half hour trying to find how to turn the Title Safe & Action Safe guides OFF.  I remember there used to by those little buttons next to the artboard name box, but I can't find anything like them anywhere.  Please somebody help.  Is this a bug in the newer versions of Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new update of Illustrator, click on "Edit Artboards" in the Properties panel. Then under Quick Actions in that pane, click "Artboard Options" then you can check or uncheck the Video Safe/Center Mark/Cross Hairs options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double clicking the artboard tool in the tool palette will bring up this dialog box a little quicker. Agreed this setting feels a bit buried at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JakeHawley  Thanks, every step of the way seems to create a need to search how the option work. I've got a good 25mins figuring out how to the rid of the title-safe, ectt..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines