5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2010 4:50 AM by BhaskerChari

How To Convert Flex Application To AIR

Hi Gambler

Hi I have created application in flex but now i need to convert it into AIR Help me thanks.

• 1. Re: How To Convert Flex Application To AIR
          BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi,

Adobe AIR  is meant for building native window desktop applications...The application that you have built in Flex is a web application..?

Do you want to convert your web application into a Desktop window apllication..using Adobe AIR?

What application did you built in Flex...? and why do you require to convert into AIR application...

If you want to create a new Adobe AIR application you need to select the Application Type as Desktop Application(runs in Adobe AIR) instead of Web application(runs in Flash Player)

Thanks,

Bhasker Chari

• 2. Re: How To Convert Flex Application To AIR
            Hi Gambler Level 1

Thanks to reply

I Have existing web application in flex but and i need to convert it into desktop application is ther any way to convert it into desktop application.

thnks

• 3. Re: How To Convert Flex Application To AIR
              BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi,

Create one new Air application project by choosing the Application Type as Desktop application (runs in Adobe AIR) . Paste all the contents of your src folder in your FlexProject now in the src folder of the newly created AIR project.

Remember that you now need to the chnage the root tag of your application in the AIR project...It should be <mx:WindowedApplication /> as in Flex it is <mx:Application/> as root tag. So modify these chnages accordingly and try to run the application.

If you have any doubts in creating the AIR appplication and want sample application refer to the Flex help manual.

Thanks,

Bhasker Chari

• 4. Re: How To Convert Flex Application To AIR
                Hi Gambler Level 1

Thanks To Your Reply I got it i just made some changes, copy all content in src and paste it into AIR Project and change my main <mx:Application> as component <mx:Canvas> and call this component in my main <mx:WindowedApplication> thanks again.

• 5. Re: How To Convert Flex Application To AIR
                  BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi Gambler,

Please let me know if you have any doubts..

Can you please mark it as answered If this post answered your question or helps.

Thanks,

Bhasker Chari