So i searched in google and found this :
Developing SCORM Content for Use in Connect Pro
I followed the Walkthrough and it worked flawlessly on Adobe Connect Pro.
This time I exported the course in Courselab as SCORM 1.2 and just followed the above Walkthrough.
Though the above way worked, but there was manual steps that needed to be taken in order to prepare the content for Connect Pro.
Here are the steps in Text:
- Extract the contents of the prototype into a folder
- Copy the SCORM-based content into the “content” folder
- Determine the name of the launch file from the SCORM-based content
- Edit the file called “index.htm” that is found in the root of the Prototype files
- Change a reference to the launch file (found on or around line 10) to reflect the actual name of the location and name of the SCORM-based launch file
- var windowContent_str = "content/SCORM.htm";
- Compress (zip) the root of the prototype files with the SCORM-based content
- Import resulting zip file into the Content tab of Adobe Connect Pro
So you can see, there few a bunch of steps to follow each time SCORM content has to be uploaded to Connect Pro.
I am wondering if there is any Free alternatives to Adobe Presenter.
I did a Google search on "adobe presenter open source" and found this http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/
but it does not look like that it imports PPT or plugin to PPT.
not sure if you can publish the content to Connect.
Alright, i tried OpenOffice Impress and created a few slides and exported it as
2). PPT Powerpoint
Both worked wonderfully with Connect Pro, no problems whatsoever.
So I tried saving it in Openoffice own extension which is .odp, and tried uploading it to Connect pro, it didnt recognize the file. Alright, so connect pro does not support OO right now.
Now since Slides created in Impress works, i need an Addon for Impress which would allow me to add Assessments/Quizzes etc to the Slides.
Does anyone have any idea ?