• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software simulation of web form?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2010 Jun 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any hints on how to do a software simulation of a web form? It won't add text boxes for the viewer of the simulation to fill in.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional: Any techniques for creatinga clickable radio button in a project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Web Forms present a unique challenge in that Captivate doesn't seem to recognize them and add them for you during the recording process. But even though it doesn't, it's comforting to know you may add them yourself once the recording is finished. You may then program them to behave however you wish.

Your end viewer will then be able to interact with them just as if they were interacting with the real deal.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks~

Not surprising --- there seem to many gaps in Captivate functionality. It's becoming routine to spend time on settings and features that are 'supposed' to work a certain way, only to find that Captivate -doesn't do that- or that an obscure work around is required.

Any have ideas on how to get a radio button or checkbox effect?

The checkbox widget is not usable --- it cannot be sized to fit on the page --- and very sparse documentation on how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2010 Jun 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I do hesitate to offer you a way to simulate a radio button or a check box. Perhaps meanwhile you've found another application that is functioning just like you want it to? Have been looking for years to find some software that realizes as closely as possible what I want to achieve in trainings and assessments online, with a reasonable developing time. Finally choose Captivate but I have tried a lot of other apps. Maybe your goal is different from mine: do want as much interactivity as possible and have to train mostly for software applications.

Do know something about the shortcomings and possible workarounds in Captivate. That is why I try to spend some of my freetime to help other users with hints. And made a lot of suggestions to Adobe to improve workflows, to fill in the 'gaps', etc. Do understand your frustations, but I think every app has its shortcomings and bugs (do use a lot of software, not only from Adobe), and none of them is apt to realize all wishes of all users. So why not try to improve by offering suggestions, feature requests, bug reporting?

Is Captivate the most suited software for your projects? If not, try to find something better (and please tell us about it). If yes, and you want some help for (clumsy) workarounds, I will be happy to offer this help if I'm able to suggest something.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't need to feel obligated to spend your free time replying or politely admonishing me for my comments. It's not my job to try and improve Captivate, or offer helpful suggestions. I'm an end user and a longtime customer of Adobe products, not an employee or a software tester. I expect it to perform as advertised and to have adequate documentation, if not technical support. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you make any progress recording a web form using Captivate?

I need to record an FLM form accessed via a web browser portal which has been recently introduced as a new purchase requisition within my business. Unfortunately, whenever I record whilst the demonstration is no problem, I cannot create an exercise or assessment as Captivate continues to complete the form even in Training or Assessment mode.

Help!! I am a very new user of the Captivate software and want to create a professional lesson - I am not sure I have the knowledge or expertise to manually create all the interation buttons in the form after the recording.

Many thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Please carefully re-read the thread from beginning to end. The answer is provided in the first reply. It's a reply I made.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

What version of Adobe Captivate are you using?

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am using version 4

I have previously read all entries and can see that there appears to be no way round this without manually entering all the interactions afterwards - as I explained I am not keen on doing this as I need a professional finish - I am not sure this will achieve this.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources