2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2010 1:20 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 7 Audio Help

Sharpbeak11

I'm working on a video project in Premiere Elements 7. After starting to get the hang of it (this is my first time using the program), things were going fine. I was in the process of manually setting up the menu markers, when I came across a stretch of video that had no audio. This part was approximately an hour in and the entire video up until that point was perfectly fine. The soundless part lasts about 15 minutes and then the remaining 45 minutes have audio but it is badly out of sync with the video. I've tried restarting the project and re-uploading the video to the program again, but it didn't help. I know it isn't a problem with the video because I've worked with it before and just tested it in iTunes and Quicktime and it works perfectly fine with those programs.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and how to fix it? Would the audio problems transport over to the DVD if I were to burn one with the video as is? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 7 Audio Help
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It could be related to the type of video you're using for that segment. What type of camcorder did it come from and how did you get it into your computer?

If there is no audio waveform at all, it could be that you didn't let the video file conform completely or the program to generate the necessary audio peak files. This is  a process the program goes through whenever you add new clips to your project, and you can watch the progress in the lower right corner of the program.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 7 Audio Help
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Are you Importing MP3's from your iTunes, or something else? MP3's are notoriously bad for Video editing, as they cause lots of problems. I always convert all MP3's to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit, and have zero issues. I use Adobe Audition, but the great, free audio-editing program, Audacity, will do this too, as will many other programs.

If you problem Audio is coming from the muxed MOV files, what are the specs. of the Audio?

Hope that that helps, good luck, and welcome to the forum,

Hunt

PS - as Steve mentions, when Importing any file with Audio, Conforming and PEK (Waveform Display) files will need to complete. There is a little blue progress bar at the lower-right of the GUI. Wait until it is done, before doing ANY editing.

1 person found this helpful