6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2010 2:53 PM by Jim_Simon

Hard to follow threads on this forum

rowby Level 1

Am I the only one to have this issue on following threads on this forum? 

I might be on page 4 of the forum topics, I read through a thread and then try to return to page 4 listings -- but end back on the first page of the topics -- not page 4.

Also in the breadcrumbs on the bottom of the pages,  I only see pages "1 2  <Previous and Next>".  No easy way to jump to deeper threads such as pages 3-4-5-6 etc.

Can the forum's administrator look into this -- or is there some option I can set that can fix this???

Rowby

• 1. Re: Hard to follow threads on this forum
          the_wine_snob Level 9

That is a fault, IMO, of the Jive software used to power the fora. Most, if you are on page five, and exit that thread, you will still be on page five. Not here. I have complained a dozen of times, but there is no solution.

The best that one can do is to Rt-click on a thread, and Open in another tab. That will leave tab #1 still open, and allow even replies to that thread.

I agree with you, but that is life in the world of Jive. We all feel your pain.

I also hate the way that these fora pages display. In the good old days, one had useful red flags, for unread threads and sub-fora. They are now gone forever. In most similar fora, if you view a thread, and then return, only the new posts are expanded, and all others are compressed, but allow one to Expand single threads, or Expand All. Not here, but my pleas have fallen on deaf ears. Jive is, as Jive is, and there can be no changes to it.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Hard to follow threads on this forum
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            In the good old days, one had useful red flags

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108/

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.adobe.com")
            {

.jive-table td.jive-table-cell-subject span.jive-subject-updated-discussions {

font-size:0px !important;
              }

.jive-table td.jive-table-cell-subject span.jive-subject-updated-discussions:after {

content: url(http://createpdf.adobe.com/images/Pyrite/redflag.gif) !important;

}
            }

• 3. Re: Hard to follow threads on this forum
              the_wine_snob Level 9

The problem with FireFox is that it seems to include the phantom line-breaks on the Jive fora, and has exhibited some real issues with the Attached Images, just as IE has. Do not think that I will give up my Chrome for FireFox yet.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Hard to follow threads on this forum
                acgold777 Level 1

Worst.  Forum.  Software.  Ever.

But if you go back to the top of the thread and click on "Up to Discussions in Premiere Pro" rather than the one that just says > Discussions, it takes you back to the last page you were on, not page 1.  The top of the page, sure, but it's better than going all the way back to page one and having to click six times to get to page six.

Of course it wouldn't occur to them to put this link after the last post in the thread, where it is most likely to be used...

• 5. Re: Hard to follow threads on this forum
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Not that it will do any good, but here is the place to talk about how the forums operate

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

• 6. Re: Hard to follow threads on this forum
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

The problem with FireFox is that it seems to include the phantom line-breaks

I've noticed that.  But it's not that much trouble to backspace them out when they occasionally crop up.

and has exhibited some real issues with the Attached Images

Haven't noticed that at all yet.

Given the Layout and Red Flag styles one can apply, I would not visit this forum with anything other than Firefox.

And given the security plug-ins available, I would not visit any web site with anything other than Firefox.