2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2010 10:19 AM by Karel Bata

CS5 compatability on a late 2008 Macbook Pro?

Karel Bata Level 1

I'm about to buy a 15" Macbook Pro second hand.Thought I'd check there's no probs with CS5 here first.

Here's the spec: http://support.apple.com/kb/sp499

• 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB shared L2 cache

• NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support;  512MB of GDDR3 memory
      • NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
      • Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Is this going to be ok?

Cheersd!

• 1. Re: CS5 compatability on a late 2008 Macbook Pro?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Is this going to be ok?

Yes. CS5 even runs on my 2006/ 2007 MBP with OSX 10.5.8. OSX has supported 64bit for a while and all intel chips Apple use also have equally long. At worst, you may need to disable OpenGL but that by all rights is a minor loss...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CS5 compatability on a late 2008 Macbook Pro?
            Karel Bata Level 1

Cheers - you're a hero!

Unfortunately someone outbid me on eBay - with the very dodgy name of f*****u and with no history whatsoever! So I reckon the seller will likely get back to me. Fact is, since then, I've discovered that Jigsaw are selling off discontinued 17" models as special offers at very little more, so maybe I'm better off going that route anyhow...

I need the ExpressCard port so I can have multiple FW800s.

Thanks again.