3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2010 1:07 PM by the_wine_snob

PE8.01, will not play audio in time line but will play in preview pane.

Paul B Harrison

I have been using PE 8 for a couple of months now. I have sucessfully created projects and burned to disk.

But lately when I create a new project and put the clips into the time line the sound does not come across.

I can however preview the clips and the sound works.

What could I be doing wrong?

• 1. Re: PE8.01, will not play audio in time line but will play in preview pane.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

To start, you provide ZERO information - How to ask a question http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

What KIND of clips... what is the video/audio CODEC used?

This is aimed at Premiere Pro, but may help
          A link with many ideas about computer setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436215?tstart=0

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with ALL OF THE DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section, the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link... most especially the codec used... see Question 1

• 2. Re: PE8.01, will not play audio in time line but will play in preview pane.
            Paul B Harrison Level 1

I tried to fault find as instructed but I am a computer novice.

I still have problems with PE8.

Here are my details:

Computer:

Dell XPS Studio 8100

Intel icore 5  processor

6Gig Ram

1Tera HD

Win 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

Camera:

Panasonic HDC-HS9 Full HD 1920 X 1080P

Video format: AVCHD Video, 5.1 channel

File extension: .m2ts

I'm not sure what a Codec is!

When I first installed PE8 on my PC it worked ok. I could put the video files into the Timeline and run them smoothly with the sound coming out ok.I created a couple of DVD's no problem.

Now when I use PE8, I can preview the files and they run smoothly with sound. But when I put them into the Timeline the clips run very jerky and no sound comes out. When I create a DVD the DVD comes out with a great picture, but with no sound.

At the moment I can edit and create my DVD's with the Panasonic HD Writer 2.5E for HDC. But I bought PE8 to give me more options.

Paul Harrison

Tel:   540-992-6853

Cell:  540-525-1296

• 3. Re: PE8.01, will not play audio in time line but will play in preview pane.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

This is a bit of an Audio Checklist, and might point up something amiss. There are differences between the player in the Project Panel, and playing from the Timeline.

Also, one thing that trips up a lot of users is trying to begin editing, before the program has had time to Conform the Audio. This is a two-step process, as first the CFA files are written (32-bit, floating-point files for editing), and then the generation of the PEK (Waveform Display) files. There is a little progress bar (blue) on the lower-right of the GUI. One should wait until that completes.

Good luck,

Hunt