3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2010 8:04 AM by stevenvh504

New to Illustrator with CS5

nevitt99 Level 1

I'm new to Illustrator and I'm anxious to try it out. I am wondering where there is a good website like planet photoshop that has a ton of tutorials I can learn from. I'm going to buy Illustrator CS5 in a classroom soon to get my feet wet.

• 1. Re: New to Illustrator with CS5
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

There are good ones on Adobe TV and Lynda.com and there a numerous ones if you do a search.

• 2. Re: New to Illustrator with CS5
            John Stanowski Level 1

Layers Magazine has 27 pages of free video tutorials for Illustrator. These do not include any AI appearances in Layers TV (their podcast). Each tutorial sticks with one concept.

"Fridays with Mordy" is good too. But they're way longer. You'll have to search for that one.

Just a word of warning: Illustrator is not always intuitive and has a lot of really crazy ways of doing things. They make sense after you get to know the program, but starting out can be difficult.  Getting a good book for finding a pay course (like on Lynda.com) that goes through it from the beginning might be best.

• 3. Re: New to Illustrator with CS5
              stevenvh504 Level 1

I second Wade's recommendation for Lynda.com. Mordy Golding's "Illustrator CS5 Essential training" is by far the best training video I've ever seen. Will get you up and running in no time.