2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2006 5:24 PM by jpwrunyan

Design Mode question: Can you changing the snap settings?

jpwrunyan Level 1
      Maybe I missed this in the documentation, but when I use design mode to drag and drop components onto the screen to do layout, there are various "snap to" settings. I like these and they are convenient, but for my project, I want the (formerly margin) padding to be 4px not 10px. Note, I realize this is not actually "padding" because layout is absolute, but I hope you know what I mean. Basically, instead of flex builder wanting to set x=10 I want it to set x=4 etc.

Is there a way to do this in Flex Builder?
        • 1. Re: Design Mode question: Can you changing the snap   settings?
          Level 7
          jpwrunyan wrote:
          > Maybe I missed this in the documentation, but when I use design mode to drag
          > and drop components onto the screen to do layout, there are various "snap to"
          > settings. I like these and they are convenient, but for my project, I want the
          > (formerly margin) padding to be 4px not 10px. Note, I realize this is not
          > actually "padding" because layout is absolute, but I hope you know what I mean.
          > Basically, instead of flex builder wanting to set x=10 I want it to set x=4
          > etc.
          >
          > Is there a way to do this in Flex Builder?

Sorry, the snapping distances in design mode are not configurable.

-- Greg Dow
          -- Adobe Flex Builder Team
          • 2. Re: Design Mode question: Can you changing the snap   settings?
            jpwrunyan Level 1
            doh... I hope you guys consider implementing that feature in a future release. Since the Flash IDE has had such an option all along for its snap-to-grid I am a little surprised not to see it in Flex Builder. That or even just making the snap feature read from the particular component's vertical/horizontal gap or padding or some such setting in the code... that would make sense.