6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 2:36 PM by Flex harUI

Flex 3 loading Flex 4 application

Jean Demonceau Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with my flex 3 application that loads my flex 4 application.

The loading is ok (no sandbox error or anything) but I have a problem with tooltips and <s:Combobox> (not <mx:Combobox>) in the Flex 4 application.

Tooltips and combobox dropdown lists are not displayed in the right place. (see screenshots)

I already have loaded subapplications before and got no problem. Applications must both make Security.allowDomain("*"); in the preinitialize handler. The caller application must load the subapplication as a sanboxed application like this:

loader.source = "mySubApplication.swf";
      loader.loadForCompatibility=true;
      loader.trustContent=false;

If applications are both written in Flex 4, tooltips and combobox droptdown lists are displayed correctly.But my caller application must be in Flex 3.

If only Flex 3 makes Security.allowDomain("*"), tooltips are displayed correctly but not combobox droptdown lists.

If both applications make Security.allowDomain("*"), tooltips AND combobox droptdown lists are displayed too far (bottom right).

If neither applications make Security.allowDomain("*"), tooltips AND combobox droptdown lists are  displayed too far (top left).

I really don't know what to do. Of course if the loader in my caller application is positionned at x/y = 0, combobox dropdown lists seems to be displayed correctly but the loader can be positionned anywhere...

Thanks for helping me :-)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg