3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2012 1:55 AM by speed 78

IDS on WinServer 2008 Location of joboptions files

Brainloaf

I am attempting to find where to put my joboption file on Windows Server 2008. Indesign Desktop is not installed on this server, nor can it be. I tried

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings

The job option file I am attempting to use is: PDFX1a 2001.joboptions

but my javascript that works locally does not on the server. My function call is:

mydoc.exportFile(ExportFormat.pdfType, File(file), app.pdfExportPresets.item("[PDF/X-1a:2001]"));

but that results in an error as the item is not found.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1. Re: IDS on WinServer 2008 Location of joboptions files
          rchermok

I am having a similar problem. When I try:

myDoc.exportFile(ExportFormat.pdfType, myFile, app.pdfExportPresets.item('Prepare'));

on IDS running in Windows Server 2008, it doesn't work-- I get this message:   Invalid value for parameter 'using' of method 'exportFile'. Expected PDFExportPreset, but received nothing.

The exact same script runs fine on IDS running in Windows XP.

I've copied the Prepare.joboptions file to the c:\users\ <user> \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings\  and the c:\ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings folders.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan

• 2. Re: IDS on WinServer 2008 Location of joboptions files
            ingo roeseler Level 1

Hi,

I wonder if you guys run the IDS as service. If so, you should think about a LogOn-User.

The joboptions should go to c:\users\[serviceuser]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings\ then.

Hope it helps.

Ingo

• 3. Re: IDS on WinServer 2008 Location of joboptions files
              speed 78

Hello,

I have a similar problem.

I put the joboptions to C:\Users\  [serviceuser]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe PDF\Settings and this worked at the client in Windows Server 2008.

But when I try to generate from the Server using Tomcat it does not work.

Does someone know how to set tomcat so that we can use the .joboptions under the new folder?