Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popup (hyperlink) closes when using scroll bar

Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp (RH8).  The popup (hyperlink) closes when I use the scroll bar.  However, if I use the mouse wheel to scroll the popup does not close.  I am sure this is normal behavior however I would like it the stay open when using the scroll bar.  Is there a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pajamaham and welcome to the RH community.

To be honest I don't think you can do this with the method you are using. Popups were never designed to work that way. Perhaps a workaround would be to display the popup information in a new window. Not exactly elegant but it would do what you want.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Colum.

I thought about doing that but I was hoping that someone may have a simple solution.  Thanks again!

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my system (RH8.0.2.208, Windows XP, HTML Help (CHM) output) I can scroll a popup with the vertical scrollbar but not with the mouse wheel. When I use KatMouse both scrollbars and mouse wheel work.

In the preview window (eyeglasses icon) both scrollbars and mouse wheel work.

The call I use is:

<a href="javascript:BSSCPopup('Welcome.htm');" id="a5">welcome</a>

which I make with Insert > Hyperlink, Display in auto-sizing popup.

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp