5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2010 1:01 AM by fincaman2

Sound All Pink Noise Still !!!

fincaman2 Level 1

I have posted twice before on this subject ,when I import files from my JVC GY-HM100 The sound is all pink noise I have to trans code the files to MP2 first ,after establishing this was (is) a bug I reported it to JVC and Adobe and got assurances from both that this would be cured in CS5, I have upgraded and guess what ? exactly the same I can only hope that they cure it soon . Despite looking at other software I find that the awesome capabilities of PP make me want to persevere with it . While I am on I noticed in another post (slow rendering) someone commented on computer specs I have built a monster specially for PP but if anyone would be interested in commenting on my weakest link I would be obliged.

My Specs ,Intel i7 950 ,6gb ram , geforce 9600 512 ,850 watt PS , 3 X 1 TB internal sata HDDs Windows 7 Pro

I don't know whether to fill the three spare memory slots with 3 2gb sticks or wait till 4 gb sticks become affordable.

Regards

Kevin

• 1. Re: Sound All Pink Noise Still !!!
          Jim_Simon Level 8
          if anyone would be interested in commenting on my weakest link I would be obliged.

Your camera.  Ideally use only I-frame models (DV, DVCPRO HD, RED) and skip using models that temporally compress the media (HDV, AVCHD, XDCAM HD, DSLR, etc.)

• 2. Re: Sound All Pink Noise Still !!!
            fincaman2 Level 1

Thanks for your reply I am not a professional so I need something bottom end pro ,my cameras specs are

Weighs 1.4 kilos ,very small hand held , records onto inexpensive sdhc cards and has two slots , records at 1080p 35mbs per second , records at all frame rates , it is Pal or NTSC , records in Windows or Mac format (editing can be done straight from the card) , Fully auto or manual , has OIS , XLR inputs (removable) ,on board stereo mics  and 3.5 mm stereo mic input , HDMI AV and component out , Cost £2000.00

I would be very interested to hear your suggestions as to an alternative because when doing my research I couldn't find anything that came near in a sensible price range but then I am inexperienced

• 3. Re: Sound All Pink Noise Still !!!
              Harm Millaard Level 7

How did you setup your sequence? XDCAM-EX HQ? Or did you import the footage and use the New Item icon?

• 4. Re: Sound All Pink Noise Still !!!
                fincaman2 Level 1

Thanks for your reply , Yes I setup the sequence using XCAM-EX 720P  which I learned from a tutorial video ,you did try to help me before on the PPCS4

forum and we all agreed that it was a compatibility problem , this was confirmed by Adobe who promised a fix in CS5 ,For the time being I have to transcode my files to MP2 first .

Regards

Kevin

• 5. Re: Sound All Pink Noise Still !!!
                  fincaman2 Level 1

Hello All , I have just used PPCS5 with some new footage and it was fine but I did take care to keep the audio level well within the limit on the camera ,It seems as though it might be affected by recording at higher audio levels .