5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2006 9:48 PM by ageofem

HELP!!!

x..ashley..x
      I am new to fireworks and wanted to know how th make pictures like these

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91/ashruck/114494921a804634187b318034528l.jpg[/IMG]

please help me!!!
        • 1. Re: HELP!!!
          Level 7
          What part of that image would you like to know how to do?

alex

x..ashley..x wrote:
          > I am new to fireworks and wanted to know how th make pictures like these
          >
          > [IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91/ashruck/114494921a804634187b318034528l.jpg[/IMG ]
          >
          > please help me!!!
          • 2. Re: HELP!!!
            x..ashley..x Level 1
            i would like to know about the glowing edges around the edge of the pictures and text. Also the pictures of the women posing.
            • 3. Re: HELP!!!
              Level 7
              The glowing edges for the text and pictures is done using the Glow
              Filter from the Properties Inspector. Select the object, then from the
              Inspector click on the + sign to the right of Filters. Select Shadow and
              Glow > Glow.

For the figure all in blue you would select the outline of the figure
              with the Lasso Tool then convert the Marquee to Path from the Select Menu.

alex

x..ashley..x wrote:
              > i would like to know about the glowing edges around the edge of the pictures and text. Also the pictures of the women posing.
              • 4. Re: HELP!!!
                x..ashley..x Level 1
                thanks! I need help with one more thing tough... how do you use the patterns in the assets as the image in the background?
                • 5. Re: HELP!!!
                  ageofem Level 1
                  hello ashley, this is an easy one,. lets start with the grid background.

You can draw a rectangle . set the background fill to radial gradient , choose white to gray ( click the radial box to be able to change the opacity level of a color , ~~ its in the properties panel , beside the paint bucket tool ) , and change the texture to Hatch 5, 100 or you could use the other Hatch types. You could also change the edge of the rectangle to feather, feather the amount to 10 or higher.

As for the girl sitting, there are many ways on doing this. If you have a source image, you could just trace it using the pen tool. If you have fireworks 8. you can find clip arts, or other bitmaps, then you use the magic tool to make a selection, then convert it to paths. -- now the vector is complete, we will add 2 live effects. Drop Shadow, then Glow.

As for your pics turning from color to black and white. Select the images, add a live effect , Hue / Saturation m by default the saturation level is 2, change it to -100. You would also add a little drop shadow and glow.