10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 2:21 PM by 16TBtaa

Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5

16TBtaa

Hello, the Adobe video shows going to view-and down to windows. In perspective drawing Terry White from Adobe opens that window and drags windows to his drawing. My CS5 does not have that and I called adobe and India told me it was a plug in and he could not tell me because it was a third party plug in. I went to adobe's plug in page and went through all of them and could not find it. Please help. Thank you very much.

• 1. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
          16TBtaa Level 1

Here is the address for adobe video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7RwRlsjLZQ  it is at the 247 mark you see him pull down view / and there is windows, initial view, flat elements, plane with jet stream star, coffee, ect. Adobe told me it was a plug in and the page  http://www.adobe.com/products/plugins/illustrator/   ,, I looked at most and did not see. Please help, thank you again.

• 2. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
            ASHUTOSH15 Level 2

You do not need any additional plugin for whatever you saw in the video. You can create multiple views of the same document and keep switching them as per your requirement.

Use View>New View to crate a view for your self and try.

• 3. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
              16TBtaa Level 1

Thank you but I was wondering where the installed cs5 drawing windows and jet with stream was. that they are promoting. When you click View and pull down does it stop at edit views????? mine does..But adobe terry white has it installed so his view goes on with ,,windows flat elements,jet plane with stream, star,ect Thank you very much

• 4. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
                Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

You misunderstand what Mr. White was doing.

What he did was to create artwork of various window configurations, such a two pane window , a six pane, a single pane etc.

He arranged them on a page of a multi-page document, in this particular instance the document that had the finished art work.

He then focused in on that arrangement of windows and went to the View>New View and name it Windows as he did for all the other types of art
                he use to compose the perspective composition.

He then was able to easily find where he had stored the art by going to the View>Windows, so he did not have to look at a complex canvas to find the art.

If you notice he then went back to the untitled document he created in the tutorial. He then pasted the select window he copied from the other document and used the perspective tool to apply it to the grid.

THere is no plug in it is art you can create yourself. Read about creating views.

Now I hope you understand this.

However if you do not want to make your own windows you can probably find pre-made windows art libraries but searching for architectural graphic symbols for Illustrator on google or yahoo.

If you want I will post a video so you can understand this better.

Here are a couple of screenshots

The menu with the windows view I created

Screen shot 2010-06-15 at 12.18.07 AM.png

Then it goes to the view

Screen shot 2010-06-15 at 12.18.21 AM.png

• 5. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
                  anilahuja17

Hi 16TBTaa,

In Illustrator you can save any view and quickly go to it. For example, if you have 3 Artboards and on one Artboard-1 you have a drawing of a Door while on Artboard-2 you have the drawing of a Window. If you simple zoom in on the Artboad-1's drawing of the Door and go to View>New View, it will open a small dialog and ask you to save the view with a name (let's say you keep it "Doors"). Similarly you can zoom into Artboad-2 and zoom into the drawing of the window and save its view as "Window". Now these views will appear in the bottom of the View menu. If now you work on Artboard-3 and try to construct another drawing, you can very easily swith your view to go to the drawing of Door or the Window when you need it by simple clicking on the relevent entry in the View menu. That's what the trainer seems to be doing.

Hope this solves your problem.

• 6. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
                    16TBtaa Level 1

Hi, This man uses the same windows and art work as the other adobe person. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T3hnYFQDI&feature=related

I did a find on my hard drive Beautiful Strokes.aip?????? The same one they are using. When I click on it I get the window....can't open illustrator Beautiful strokes because the file is locked or in use.ID--54.   So everyone must have it but it is locked??? Please help. Does your hard drive have  have Beautiful Strokes  On it but you can not open???  Thank You Very Much

• 7. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
                      CupertinoFruit Level 3

You are not supposed to "Open" a .aip in Illustrator - it stands for "Adobe Illustrator Plugin" which is used by the program internally.

Beautiful Strokes in Illustrator CS5 is a set of features.

• 8. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
                        16TBtaa Level 1

Hi , thank you so much for you input(Beautiful Strokes in Illustrator CS5 is a set of features.

) Would it be possible to use those neat features in CS5 just like the demo is??  Kind of like buying a car and the salesman tells you it has a/c, and you find out it does not. CS5  use file- find- type in 'beautiful strokes' and there it is .Thank you very much again.
                        • 9. Re: Hi, Please tell me where to get plug in for cs5
                          CupertinoFruit Level 3

Yes, you can use those neat features in Illustrator CS5.

I'd encourage you to learn what those features are & how they work. Adobe TV, lynda.com are good resources to help you get started in your quest. Just like you have to know/learn how to change gears, push on the gas pedal, control the steering, switch on the AC & the fan, etc. in a car, you have to invest some time in learning how features work in Illustrator

Once you have done you part in learning a feature(s), you can always come to this forum with your queries to further your learning. We all are here to help you in whatever way we can.