4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2010 6:54 AM by the_wine_snob

How to get PE 2.0 or 8 to see camera & burner

Stewart lindfield

I have had PE 2 on my pc for many years with no pro

blems with it seeing camera or dvd burner superb result.

Now its on Win7 pcs its just awful it wont see either so i have to download externally then add to media to edit.

So i get pe 8 this is the same but just an awful editing package to work with i really just hate it i want pe2 to work then i can get rid of pe8 with its over techy way of operation.

Someone help guide me through getting pe2 to work like what it used too.

• 1. Re: How to get PE 2.0 or 8 to see camera & burner
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do things in Premiere. You will get more hits and help out in the main forum. Maybe our MOD, Steve Grisetti, will move it for you.

As for your burner, see this ARTICLE. It will give you many tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How to get PE 2.0 or 8 to see camera & burner
            Stewart lindfield Level 1

Hi i have tried all this i do not seem to have nero or roxy listed in my programs and the program you suggest i use does not do Pal. Would it not have been easier for us customers if Adobe worked to make programs compatable with MS systems i have video on my system that i need to get on to disc but cant HELP is what i need but cant get.

I am fed up with spending good money on programs that just dont work im pc literate but not a pc engineer so do not want frustration i just wish to edit video when im on trips with friends.

What now i ask because so far ive wasted £100+ pounds on what is basically useless to me.

Stewart

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:57:32 -0600

To: stewartlindfield@msn.com

Subject: How to get PE 2.0 or 8 to see camera & burner

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do things in Premiere. You will get more hits and help out in the main forum. Maybe our MOD, Steve Grisetti, will move it for you.

As for your burner, see this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/562941?tstart=0. It will give you many tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

>

• 3. Re: How to get PE 2.0 or 8 to see camera & burner
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Stewart, please don't start more than one thread with the same question. It's very confusing and it makes it very difficult for the rest of us to follow your thread and post suggestions.

I have posted some possible solutions to your other thread.

Meantime, we can't help you with your rhetorical questions. If you've got an issue with the design of the software itself, you should contact Adobe by clicking the Contact button at the top of this page.

We are just civilians, like you. And we can only help you if you give us something tangible to work with.

• 4. Re: How to get PE 2.0 or 8 to see camera & burner
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, actually Adobe does make programs for the MS OS. I have about 15 of them, and they all work perfectly on my various machines, though each was bought, or built with video and large image editing in mind. I also do not load up my computers with a lot of unnecessary programs, and none came with any bloatware, like one will get from Dell, Alienware, Gateway, et al. I have also tuned each machine for my task - editing.

The majority of problems stem from users, who end up with all sorts of programs, often causing conflicts, and vastly underpowered computers, that are more suited for reading e-mail, the occasional wordprocessing job, and surfing the Internet.

Good luck, and sorry that I could not help,

Hunt

PS - which recommended program is NTSC-only?