3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2010 2:17 AM by T Beddard

Setting input and output image sizes

T Beddard Level 1

I'm working on a new filter where I want to take a source image say 1024x512 pixels large, do some transformations and then want to render a resulting image at 512x512.

Two questions:

1) Is it possible to automatically set a float2 size parameter based on the input image size? e.g:

input image4 src;

parameter float2 size

<

inputSize: float2(1024, 512);

defaultValue: float2(1024, 512);

displayName: "Input image size";

componentName: "Width|Height";

inputSizeName: "src";

>;

I would like the 'size' float2 to be automatically populated with the dimensions of input image 'src'. Note, if I don't specify the defaultValue parameter then the size always reverts to 0, 0.

2) I have another parameter to set the outputSize and am currently doing it like this:

parameter int2 outputSize

<

minValue: int2(200, 200);

maxValue: int2(4096, 4096);

defaultValue: int2(1024, 512);

stepInterval: 1;

displayName: "Image size";

componentName: "Width|Height";

>;

region generated()

{

return region(float4(0, 0, outputSize.x, outputSize.y));

}

output pixel4 dst;

However the actual rendered area is never less than the input image size, i.e. if I set the output image width to be 512 pixels it will always still render the same width as the input image 1024.

I still haven't got my head round how regions should be used. How should I approach this?

Thanks.

Tom

BTW, the filter I'm working on it for creating 'Little Planet' images (sterographic projection) from equirectangular panoramas. I'll be releasing it soon