3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 1:24 AM by Mylenium

Problem with AE CS5 and laptop screen resolution during install..

mohanraj32

Hello everyone,

I bought AE and I am very disappointed.  When I went to install the  application, I got the following errors and it stopped installing.

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary  --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 54 error(s), 52 warning(s)

WARNING: Display requirements not met for  {DA1B174B-4297-467C-9EF8-0AB8D4D5171E}

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation  failure

My max screen resolution is 1366x768 and the requirement is  1280x1024.
      I don't plan on buying a screen that large.  Is there a fix for  this? perhaps editing the registry? I won't mind the small work area.  I  can manage.  does AE CS4 have this resolution requirement?  I have an  opengl capable graphics card in my laptop so I don't think that is an  issue here. any help would be much appreciated. thanks

• 1. Re: Problem with AE CS5 and laptop screen resolution during install..
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

No, there is no way to circumvent this. You may be able to install with an external monitor attached, though. Another option would be to create a system image on another system with the install included (but not activated) and transfer that to the system.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Problem with AE CS5 and laptop screen resolution during install..
            mohanraj32 Level 1

ok I think I was able to bypass the " Display requirements not met for {DA1B174B-4297-467C-9EF8-0AB8D4D5171E}" error during install. I hooked up an exteral monitor with the required resolution and I did not see that error message again.  However, I am still getting the following error messages

<code>

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

</code>

could it be that my graphics card does not support opengl? how can I make sure it supports opengl 2.0?

the graphics card that I have is an integraded intel media graphics accelerator.  I am quite sure it would support opengl2.0. any thoughts? thanks

My brother has a screen resolution of 1240x780 and yet he was able to install AE CS5 without any errors at all.  He has an ATI mobility Raedon Graphics card.  whats up with that? also, he cannot hear any sound from avi videos in AE.  He has tried everything even raising the decibals level in the track.

• 3. Re: Problem with AE CS5 and laptop screen resolution during install..
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

could it be that my graphics card does not support opengl? how can I make sure it supports opengl 2.0?

It may support OpenGL 2.0, but not the required shader model or number of shader steps. It's beside the point, though. The installer really does not check this, it only cares about being able to display Flash content. Any issues with the graphis during install will then really depend on the graphics config. anyway, I don't realyl think that is the problem. If there are otehr dependencies causing the failure, you may wish to check some preparation steps as explained here and also have a look at the install logs as explained/ linked here.

Mylenium