• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML will not open

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Robohelp 7 and when starting the Robohelp Explorer then clicking on the ROBOHelp HTML the logo screen pops up and it attempts to load the program then the logo screen disappears and nothing loads. I have to repeate this 6,7,8 times before it finally catches and opens the software. RoboHelp for Word is OK. Running this from the Start/All Programs etc.. will do the same.

This seems to be the problem with all the tech writers not just my computer. Any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aghosheh and welcome to the RH forums.

Can I start with some questions? Has this just started happening? Is it limited to one project? Where is RH installed (e.g. local drive or network)?

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to Colum's questions, what is the operating system in use?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The operating system is Windows XP SP3. This began to happen after our tech writers go new computers and we were all placed on a new network. The software is installed local and the users don't have admin access to their PC, USMC policy. I do however have admin access to the tech writer's computer and I could not get it to come up without the multiple clicking.

This behaviour is not limited to any project. After the the software opens she can load any projects and it will run just great, but getting the software does not come up quickly.

OK, Folks sorry for the bother. No problem here.

This is an issue for the computer access cards, CAC for short. The certification was messed up on it and it was not allowing the users to access system areas. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp