6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 10:09 AM by Steve Grisetti

PRE 8.0.1 Instantmovie timeline crashes when rendering

dennisbthomas

I can create an instant movie timeline, with avchd files using the default settings of instantmovie without problems.

But when I have it rendered, using the entire timeline or a subset, I get a crash after it has processed the timeline.

The last message showing was "Rendering Required Files  - 100%", after which I get the notice that I can submit the

crash report to Adobe.

Is this a known problem and/or is there a way to circumvent this problem by setting appropriate options, etc.

Note: I make sure that the rendering files are deleted before I try to render.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Configuration:

Intel i3-540, 4GB Ram, c-drive for system, d-drive to data & video.

Windows 7 (64bit) latest updates.

• 1. Re: PRE 8.0.1 Instantmovie timeline crashes when rendering
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

How much free space is on your C drive?

Have you ensured that your D drive is formatted NTFS? FAT-32 drives have a file size limitation that could definitely cause the symtoms you're describing?

Also, have you ensured that your Premiere Elements project is using the proper AVCHD project settings?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PRE 8.0.1 Instantmovie timeline crashes when rendering
            dennisbthomas Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments and ideas.

Your third idea was the clue. I was using 1440x1080 29.97 format but I had the project set as DV-NTSC Widescreen.

I created a new project as HDV 1080i 1440x1080 29.97 and it renders correcty without a crash.

But now the problem is a crash when I try to create an NTSC DVD Standard or MPEG2 1440x1080i 30 output file.

Shouldn't I be able to create an NTSC DVD Stanard/Widescreen even though the project is in a higher resoultion format?

Also, should I post this problem as a new thread?

Thanks Steve for your help. Very much appreciated.

Dennis

• 3. Re: PRE 8.0.1 Instantmovie timeline crashes when rendering
              dennisbthomas Level 1

Steve,

I spoke too soon about the rendering problem being fixed.

Rendering works great as long as I don't do a Share/Personal Computer/MPEG/presets. As I mentioned in the earlier post, this operation crashes PRE8. Once a project has crashed in this manner, rendering the timeline (part or all), also crashes. I even deleted all the files in the directories Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files, and Encoded Files but the crashes still occur when rendering.

If I create a new project with the same project settings, then rendering continues to work until I try to do a Share/.......

which always crashes.

It seems there is something that is left in the  project file .prel that by the crash of the Share/... that impacts rendering,

at least that's what I assume based on what I have observed.

So I'm at a loss as to how to create an instantmovie and then output to an mpeg file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dennis

Project format: HDV 1080i 1440x1080 29.97 which matches my input clips.

• 4. Re: PRE 8.0.1 Instantmovie timeline crashes when rendering

The smartest way to do a DVD output from an AVCHD file it to do it in two steps.

1) Load your AVCHD files to a project using the AVCHD settings and Share/Personal Computer/AVI to create a standard definition DV-AVI.

2) Open a new project that uses the DV settings, import that AVI into it and output your DVD from there.

This will make the most efficient use of your system's resources while minimizing the likelihood of a program malfunction.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: PRE 8.0.1 Instantmovie timeline crashes when rendering
                  dennisbthomas Level 1

Hi Steve,

Your suggestion on doing this in two steps somehow lead me to the problem.

The problem was that I used the HD 1080i 30 project setting and NOT the HD 1080i 30 5.1 channel!

Once I changed to the correct profile all  the operations that produced the crash have disappeared.

I would hope that ADOBE would either fix these types of problems or at least a message that indicates a mismatch of settings. Maybe 8.0.2?

Thanks again for your help and response!

Dennis

• 6. Re: PRE 8.0.1 Instantmovie timeline crashes when rendering

That's why people like me write books and contribute articles and tutorials to sites like http://Muvipix.com, Dennis!