0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2006 1:34 AM by JayCeeBE

HtmlText <br> problem

JayCeeBE
      Hey all,

Here is my situation.

I’m writing the backend of an already existing website, I have a mysql database with text in it, text is stored with html mark up ( font face, links, br tags).

Text is retrieved with php and given to flash in xml format. Then I interpret my xml file into a class. Every object of the class is added to a array which is used as a dataprovider for my datagrid. When a item is selected, information about that item is added to a textbox.

This text needs to be editable and then stored back in to the database. The problem is that wherever there is an <br/> tag, the data is show correct in the textbox but when I trace the hmtlText everywhere there was a <br> tag ,the br tag is gone and the text after the br is enclosed in the following tags.

<P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="verdana" SIZE="10" COLOR="#000000" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0"> texttexttexttexttexttexttexttext </FONT></P>

I can’t let this happen because then my textStrings will get very big and the retrieved amount of data for the website will get 3, 4 times bigger then it was and I’m afraid it will cause the website to become incredibly slow!