2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 11:16 PM by ilsh

update application error (from 1.5 to 2)

ilsh Level 1

today I download AIR 2.02 SDK and recompile my app. The only thing I changed is the first line of the descriptor file:

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.0"> (changed from 1.5 to 2.0)

I did not change the id field.

After I package the app, and double click to install it, an error occurs:

"The application could not be installed because an application with that name already exists at the selected installation location. Try installing to a different location."

I have to uninstall the app (packaged using 1.5 SDK) first. Is this supposed to be the case?

• 1. Re: update application error (from 1.5 to 2)
          neh@adobe Level 3

Hi,

An app is identified by its appid + publisherID. For namespace 1.5, publisherid is created by default. However, for apps with version 2.0, publisherid field is used to upgrade existing applications(created with namespace <=1.5).

The only thing you need to do is to locate the publisherid of your installed app ( you can find it from your installed app folder:

On Linux, it is: <app install folder: by default it is: /opt/<appname>>/share/META-INF/AIR/publisherid

On Win XP, it is:<app install folder: by default it is: c:\program files\<appname>>\META-INF\AIR\publisherid

Just copy the contents of this publisherid file into the <publisherID> tag in the app.xml(with 2.0 namespace):

<publisherID></publisherID>

Hope this solves your problem.

• 2. Re: update application error (from 1.5 to 2)
            ilsh Level 1

Thank you. It explains.