8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2010 5:47 AM by Steve Grisetti

Organizer Using Wrong Drive

bwentzel13@gmail.com Level 1

Last night my attempts to import video and photo files into organizer failed miserably and I hope you can help.  I have an assortment of videos in MTS format and photos in PSD format that I want to import into Organizer so that I can eventually use them in constructing a video and here is what happened when I attempted to use Get Media!Files and Folders:  I was presented with the file browser and was alble to successfully select the file(s) I wanted to import from my Drive D and then started the import process.  That process appeared to work just fine and during the processes I noted that it was reading the file(s) from drive D.  However, when the import finished the thumbnail(s)s had the broken link image and when I clicked on properties the catalog indicated the file(s) were on Drive E which of course they weren't.  This happened whether I selected single or multiple files.  Attempts to reconnect the file(s) failed with a message that they were already in the catalog.  Repairing the catalog, optimizing the catalog, and even creating a new catalog produced the same results.  I feel something stupidly simple is wrong but I haven't identified it yet and I'm hoping one of you brainiacs can help.  My system is:

Intel 7-980X

6GB memory

Windows 7 64-bit

160GB SSD Drive C (OS and applications)

1TB Western Digital Drive D (data)

2TB Western Digital Drive E (backup)

Adobe Lightroom 3.0

Adobe Premiere Elements 8

Adobe Photoshop Elements 8

Thanks in advance for your help.