2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2010 12:35 PM by gibbyRT6 RSS

Problems publishing swc file Mac OSX, Flash CS5

I have been having problems with adobe flash cs5.  I am trying to publish files to swf and swc files.  We use the swc files as libraries in a flashbuild project.  I am using a mac book pro:

Model Name:    MacBook Pro
        Model Identifier:    MacBookPro6,2
        Processor Name:    Intel Core i5
        Processor Speed:    2.53 GHz
        Number Of Processors:    1
        Total Number Of Cores:    2
        L2 Cache (per core):    256 KB
        L3 Cache:    3 MB
        Memory:    8 GB
        Processor Interconnect Speed:    4.8 GT/s

and CS5.  I was able to intermittently publish swcs the last couple of days, but it has recently stopped working completely.  The swf file still get's published but not the swc.

I have checked the 'swc' checkbox in the publish settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

• 1. Re: Problems publishing swc file Mac OSX, Flash CS5

I am having the exact same problem on a PC.  It seems that copying/pasting all frames into a new FLA fixes the issue.  It's as if the FLA becomes corrupted after awhile, but only in this respect.  WE NEED A FIX!!!

• 2. Re: Problems publishing swc file Mac OSX, Flash CS5
            nardokid Community Member

I have found a solution to my problem.  I don't know why it works but I found online that if you export your swc's and swf' into a different directory from your fla files, publish will work.  So if you have your fla files in a directory called 'work' go to your publish settings and make sure the swf export directory is something like 'work/lib' or 'work/swf'  and it will publish it to that folder.  I think you have to create that folder manually before exporting it as well.  hope this helps