2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 11:58 PM by iProFanity

I Have a Very BIG Problem

iProFanity Level 1

I'm trying to get one of my CS4 project to work in CS5 but one of the video files that I used is I guess not compatible with CS5. I reinstalled CS4 and tried opening it, but it had a start up error while initializing media core. I figured out that if I uninstall quick time then I can open it up. But the video file is a .mov with a png codec. What that means is that without Quicktime, After Effects can't decode it. I can't convert the video file because as far as I know the png codec in a .mov file is the only video file that as far as I know works with opacity and transparency. If you have a solution to one or many of these problems please leave a post down below.

• 1. Re: I Have a Very BIG Problem
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I can't convert the video file because as far as I know the png codec in a .mov file is the only video file that as far as I know works with opacity and transparency.

Why not? What's stopping you to use a PNG, PSD, TGA or TIFF image sequence, all of which support Alpha/ transparency? that aside, CS5 handles QT files just fine, but it would seem that you have a permission or other problem that prevents the relevant service from being launched, so please provide some more details about your system and as a minor test, try to run as administrator.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: I Have a Very BIG Problem
            iProFanity Level 1

Thanks a lot man. What I did was I rendered out the video file in Sony Vegas as a png sequence and it worked but the colors were a bit off. Overall thanks and it did work.