4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2010 8:27 PM by lxxxxl

Keyframe spacing tweak in Time remap possible?

lxxxxl

I do a lot of time remap keyframe tweaking in AE, so i tend to zoom in all the way into the timeline.

Is there a way to reduce the spacing in between the frames? Then i'll be able to display more frames onscreen. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Keyframe spacing tweak in Time remap possible?
          lxxxxl Level 1

AE.jpg

A example of wat i mean....

• 2. Re: Keyframe spacing tweak in Time remap possible?
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nope.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Keyframe spacing tweak in Time remap possible?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure what you're asking here. You can see more frames in the timeline by simply clicking on the left most icon at the bottom left of the time line zoom controller. A single click will show you twice the frames in your time line, The next click will show you five times the number of frames, the next will show you 10.  If you want to see more frame numbers displayed at the top of the timeline, then the answer is no. The frame numbering will go from every frame to every other frame, to every five frames.

1   2   3   4

to

2  4  6  8

to

5  10  15  20

and so on.

If you want to have more frames in a second  then you can re-set the frame rate of your composition all the way up to 99 frames per second. This will not change the length of a movie in seconds in your timeline, but you'll be able to set keyframes to a higher degree of accuracy in time. In other words, if the video in the timeline is 10 seconds long when your comp is 24 fps it will still be 10 seconds long when the comp is 99 fps but you'll be able to set a keyframe at 1 second and another keyframe at 1.0101010 seconds instead of one at 1 second and the next one at 1..04166 seconds. Just make sure to change the frame rate back to your desired playback frame rate before you render.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Keyframe spacing tweak in Time remap possible?
                lxxxxl Level 1

thanks for the suggestions!

a bummer about the inability to tweak the spacing though.....if i could see more frames on the timeline, and have fixed numbering for the keyframes (ie. Keyframe '1', when moved between Keyframes 4, 5, will still be labelled as '1'), i can actually time 2d animation in AE, forgoing the need for exposure sheets.....