4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2010 11:45 AM by hugoFlex RSS

difference between 2 times?

hugoFlex Community Member

how do you calculate the difference between 2 times in Tables?

For example:

Field 1 = 8:10AM

Field 2 = 10:00AM

In Field 3 I want to show Field 2 - Field 1 = 1 Hour 50 Minutes or 1:50

In Excel, it's done with the Text function:

=TEXT(Field 2-Field 1,"h:mm")

How would this be done in Acrobat.com Tables?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: difference between 2 times?
          Rebecca Staley Employee Hosts

Hello there,

Thank you for posting. The answer to your question is another thread in this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/634968?tstart=0

If, after reading that post, you still have questions, please let me know. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Rebecca

• 2. Re: difference between 2 times?

Thanks, it sounds like time calculations are not fully supported yet.  Looking forward to when they are. In the example given on the other post, I see that 9:00AM - 1:00AM will display as 8:00AM and only supported on 12 hour clock. I'm hoping for more advanced time calculations where I can display the result formatted without the "AM" showing in the result field.

• 3. Re: difference between 2 times?
              VarunParmar

Thanks for your feedback!  We'll add your request to our roadmap. 

Varun

• 4. Re: difference between 2 times?

Hi, this is an auto reply message.  You are receiving this because you just sent me an email and it's either the first time you're trying to email me or your email address hasn't been added to my safe list yet.

So that I know you're not someone trying to spam me, I'm using a spam box that automatically places email from new email addresses into a spam box. 

To verify that you're a real live human being and not a system trying to spam me (and to make sure I get your email), simply reply to this message and make sure to leave the subject line with the message id in tact.  By doing this, you will automatically be added to my white list and I'll be able to receive your message.

Once again, all you need to do is reply to this email, don't edit the subject, and don't edit the message.  Simply click reply and then send your reply.

If you don't reply to this email, I may not receive the email you originally sent me (or any future emails from you) since it will be placed in my spam box and I don't always check my spam box.

Sorry for the inconvenience, however I get a lot of spam, and this has proven to be a successful method to control it.

Thank you kindly!

Vidal