3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2010 11:21 AM by rashmin.d

Doubts on Data / Service Flash Builder 4

RicardoFressa

Hello, I have great  doubts about what should I do when I use the Data / Service Builder in  Flash 4.
      The problem is going to go up every time my app from the local  machine to the test server, then to the production server ...

In tags
      <fx:Declarations>
      <valueObjects:Usuario  id="usuario"/>
      <s:CallResponder id="autenticarUsuarioResult"  result="autenticarUsuarioResult_resultHandler(event)" />
      <services:ServiceFacede  id="serviceFacede" fault="Alert.show(event.fault.faultString + +'\n'  event.fault.faultDetail)" showBusyCursor="true">
      <services:channelSet>
      <s:ChannelSet>
      <s:AMFChannel  url="http://localhost:8080/messagebroker/amf" />
      </ S: ChannelSet>
      </  Services: channelSet>
      </  Services: ServiceFacede>
      </ Fx: Declarations>

I need to keep  changing every time the localhost: 8080 for the server ip, it happens  often ... I wanted to see if they can change this to a variable that not  once was and did not need to change this

• 1. Re: Doubts on Data / Service Flash Builder 4
          rashmin.d Level 1

hi.......

from your disc. i understand that u have to change server ip every time .. .. SO, u can do is go to service-config  file in flex folder of your project and in that change value of the server port n server ip for your application then u don't have to change everytime....

I hope it will help u...

• 2. Re: Doubts on Data / Service Flash Builder 4
            RicardoFressa Level 1

is more the  following happens ....
            When I'm developing a Flex application I develop  on my machine, to and after testing a bit, put it on a test server, ae a  group is testing the application for a while, then she goes to and  outrao real server goes into production ..
            Then you imagine  the following, whenever a problem on the part of the test server I have  to return the ip to my machine and this machine is a test server  machine ip dinamico, she hung up, she changes the ip.
            Cade productivity  in this part?

• 3. Re: Doubts on Data / Service Flash Builder 4
              rashmin.d Level 1

hi........ sorry i m replying late..... So, in your case you r changing server name and ip 2 to 3 time... so best way is use the array of string and store all 3 url in array and use that value as u change...... OR if u want to change server name and ip dynamically then u have to make 3 channels with the different id and use addChannel in ActionScript or <mx:Channel ....> in  MXML and use connected property to check connected or not use another one.. OR  u can do is in service-config.XML in service-config tag put default channels define them.. or in <service....> tag..   

Now i tell all the way u can set the different channels in flex... So, it should help u....i wish problem will solve.....

................................................................................................................................