• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ActiveX Control for Flash Player could not be registered

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last Thursday or Friday I got a pop up telling me to upgrade my Flash Player to the latest and greatest 10.1.

I got the following message: "ActiveX Control for Flash Player could not be registered."

I've vistited all the links reccommended by Adobe to fix the issue..

I uninstalled the player, as reccommended and tried it again.

Again to no avail...

I'm not able to view half the website I have as favorites because they use Flash Player in one form or another.

Please help.

I use

IE 8 Version 8.0.6001.18702

Cipher Strenth-128 bit

Latest version of windows with the XP dumb down.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Was this an Adobe prompt on your Desktop? And you received that message when Adobe ran the Installer from your Desktop?

You have Win7 and an XP Hard Drive as well? Is the Win7 a 64bit? When you Uninstalled and Installed did you use the 32bit if you have a 64bit with the Win7?

I'm not quite clear on your system.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it wad an adobe prompt.

It's a fairly new pc with windows 7 with the XP downgrade operating

system.

The information that I provided is from the

Help>about Tabs. I have no idea what any of it means.

Deryn Fredette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. We are going to have to decide which OS we are working with. If you are using the Win7, you need to use the 32bit browser, which is the default. The message that you received can be due to a couple of factors. Are you the Administrator? You must use the Admininstrator account to Install Flash Player and the 32bit browser.

Did you get the same message when you manually Uninstalled and Installed? Was there a message when Adobe Installed also?

Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash  Open the Flash folder and post back all files listed there.

What Anti-Virus program are you using? Does it have a Firewall? If not do you use any other Firewall except Windows?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the only user on the pc. I've never set up an admin password.

The OS is the default that it had when I took it out of the box.

I'll look at that folder as soon as I get home. Thanks

Deryn Fredette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the trouble shooting guide it said to disable both my messanging

and kaspersky antivirus.

I did that.

I used my control panel>remove programs to uninstall first. Then used

a file to uninstall from adobe.

Deryn Fredette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a SysWOW64 folder

But in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder I have

FlashPlayerTrust folder

flash10h.ocx

flashinstall

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll

install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok then Flash Player was Installed in the XP. Those files are all correct. Go to Tools, Manage add ons and check in All add ons for Shockwave Flash Object ...ActiveX Control...Flash10h.ocx. It needs to be listed and Enabled.

You may not have it since you received that error, but sometimes when there is more than one Uninstall/Install, it may be.

I have no idea how Adobe determines which OS to try to Install when there are two. Then when you Uninstalled and Installed, you used XP. Did you get that message then?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Shockwave ActiveX Control Enabled nothing about

Control...Flash10h.ocx

I believe I got the error the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is for Shockwave Player, not Flash Player. Well, then something is blocking the Installation of the ActiveX. You said XP was the default, did you then set up the Administrator account?

Well I just got logged off!

You said you disabled your anti-virus, does it have a Firewall that needs disabled separately?

Also go to Tools, Internet Options and click on the Security Tab and set it to Medium for the Internet Zone.

From what I can tell you are going to have to Uninstall again and Re-Install, but not before the above is cleared up.

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the only user and it is the computer administrator

if I bring up the control panel>add or remove programs flash player is not

listed.

I have set up the internet zone to medium, now

I have turned off my firewall, now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok. Download the Uninstaller and SAVE to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Download the Flash Player Installer for Internet Explorer and SAVE to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

After you have done that, then disconnect from the Internet and don't re-connect until it is listed in the steps that follow.

Disable your Anti-Virus and Firewall, disable any apps in system tray as before, Close all browsers.

RUN the Uninstaller, then Reboot. Now when fully rebooted, Reboot again. This is needed to clear old files for IE. When fully rebooted, check and make sure the Anti-Virus/Firewall did not re-enable themselves on that last Reboot.(some do)

If AV/Firewall is disabled, then RUN the Installer. Then Reboot Once.

Re-enable your AV/Firewall and connect back to the Internet.

Go here to test:http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Then try a couple of websites. Then back to the Flash files and post what is Installed; and then see if the Shockwave Flash Object is now Installed.

Take your time, hope it goes well this time/

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok..I did all that and I get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and this is what's in the

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

FlashPlayerTrust folder

flash10h.ocx

flashinstall

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll

install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok that's good as we go. Don't forget to check what I posted also previously regarding the add on. That is what must be there now.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't use flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so the ActiveX Control did not get Installed? If not, then with the AV/Firewall and Security Settings taken care of, we are back to permissions. We are back to the Administrator account. Did you set up the Administrator account in XP, since this is a new computer?

Go down to the clock and right click on it and then click on Adjust/Time Date and tell me what you see after that.

Then go to the Flash files and open that FlashPlayerTrust and tell me what is in there; what file or files. I'm sure this did not come Installed with the OS. There could be a conflict there. Do you have Real Player Installed along with their add ons?

Oh, by the way. The first time you manually Installed Flash Player, what site did you use? Was it one where you installed a McAfee virus check? Did you use a DLM, download manager?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new user called Admin with computer administrator

I see a calendar with the clock ticking next to it.

above that are 3 tabs

Date & time --time zone -- internet time

EpsonGuideTrust.cfg

The first time that I upgraded the Flash Player was from the pop-up that

appeared in my tray and yes there was a link to install mcAfee Virus, I

chose not to.

The download manager did come up and I got an installation failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for doing all of the checking, I know it is a pain. Now on the clock test. Microsoft says if you can see what you did, you were using the Administrator account. Glad you made another one but if we have to do this again, use the one that you just used for the clock test.

I have no idea what EpsonTrustGuide is, printer?

Ok, no McAfee(no icon in the system tray, right?)

Ok, now go to Add/Remove and see if there is a DLM(download manager) and or a getplus is listed among the programs.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have an Epson printer installed and using on this computer.

no McAfee in the tray

neither DLM(download manager) and or a getplus is listed among the programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the printer would interfere; I think that FPT is like a trusted zone, not sure on that. Other users have that FPT and it doesn't appear to creat an issue. Ok on McAfee; unless you see it somewhere else. I'm assuming you could decline it.

Ok on the DLM/getplus.

Check in your add ons just to be sure there is no get_atlcom Class there. That is another part of the DLM/getplus even tho it's not listed in Add/Remove.

Oh, that new Admin account you set up, do the clock test on it. Just tell me if it passes.

We have checked about everything I can think of that would block that ActiveX Control from Installing. Keep in mind that with IE8, the add ons are listed in categories, so be sure to check run with permission, run without permission, ActiveX Controls, and any other category IE8 uses.

I think with IE8, you can use the Compatibility mode, but don't know if that would have anything to do with the ActiveX not being downloaded. Any issue with that is most always Admin., AV/Firewall.

We may wrap this up after this and continue tomorrow.

Thanks

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, there is a DLM Control Enabled in the control name is not available

section

I'm not sure what this means

be sure to check run with permission, run without permission, ActiveX

Controls, and any other category IE8 uses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Now tell me exactly what is listed regarding DLM and where is this? In the IE add ons?

IE8 just has categories for placing the add ons in. I don't use IE8, but from screenshots and info from other users that do, that is how it appears.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Name Publisher Status File

Date Version Load Time

DLM Control Control name is not available Enabled -2.2.4.1

-

The category is Control name is not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have never heard nor seen this before. Must have been a change with the 10.1. And a new category, interesting. Never heard of that category before either.

Tomorrow I'll do some searching on it, but I would Disable it. Most likely that is the problem. And it also appears that there is no name under Publisher either.

Thanks and glad you found that.

Talk to you tomorrow; I'll post what I find.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines