1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2006 3:02 PM by UCI-Syl

Administration Error and I can't avoid it.

Thomas-TopRank
      I keep getting "Access Denied. The file may not exist, or there may be a permission problem." I don't know what's wrong, I've searched the forms and the net and still have no idea what to fix. I'm the administrator and I can't do anything to fix it. I can connect to the site via Contribute 3 and Dreamweaver MX 04 but I can't administer the site.

How do I either fix the issue, or throw out all Contribute files (on the server) and start fresh?
        • 1. Re: Administration Error and I can't avoid it.
          UCI-Syl
          Do you get this error when trying to write files to the server? We have a new WebDAV server having the same errors. I was able to get around it by turning OFF Rollbacks in the Admin section. When it was turned ON, Contribute would create a new file with a .new extension and delete the original file. Then I would get the error of "The File May Not Exist..."

I still don't have a solution other than turning off Rollbacks, which is less than ideal. The Contribute files are stored in a _mm directory. You will need direct access to the server to access the files there. Good luck, hopefully someone will have some insight in to the Access Denied error.