3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2010 4:59 PM by rashmin.d

Flex Validation

mxvx

Hi

Can someone tell me how to display the Flex validation errors below the field..  As of now I have the following validator, which is displaying the error message next to the control. I want that to be displayed beneath the control.

<mx:StringValidator

id="statStrVal" source="{stateTxt}" property="text" required="false" maxLength="5"/>

Thanks & Regards

mxvx

• 1. Re: Flex Validation
          VRPDeveloper Level 3

Just below your control specify lable make the visibility to false and also includeinlayout=false . Now in string validator add 1 more property "listener " and provide id of label to it. Then as soon as error comes it will show up to at listerner...

<mx:Label visible="false" includeInLayout="false" id="error"/>

<mx:StringValidator

id="statStrVal" source="{stateTxt}" property="text" required="false" maxLength="5" listener="error" />

Hope it will help!!!

• 2. Re: Flex Validation
            rtalton Level 4

If you want to position and style the error tip yourself, you can do so by using the ToolTipManager, which contains a style called errorTipBorderStyle. You can specify "errorTipRight", "errorTipAbove", or "errorTipBelow".

• 3. Re: Flex Validation
              rashmin.d

hi.......

u want to display the Flex validation errors below the field, So, u have to customize Validator.. and in the valid and invalid event handler make ToolTip object using ToolTipManager.createToolTip(......) method, in that one of the argument is a position of popup error message,, so u can show where u want ..... n if u want to make different style in that so make .errorTip style and set that style to ToolTip object. (setStyle method....) 

I hope this will help u..........