1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2010 5:45 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Problem with Ram Preview

JonnyWhi

It used to be fine, but now whenever I try to do ram preview, it does it for around 2 seconds, then starts to play from the beginning and loop. It's kind of annoying. Also, what are the best settings I can pre-render with on AE CS4? I tried using MPEG2 and H.264, but they gave me errors that said this. "After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin: There is a mismatch between Output Module settings and Transcode Settings. Please verify your settings and try again. Property Data Invalid! MediaIO2 error: 0x400e0004, Frame dimensions out of bounds.

I have no idea what that means and how I can fix this.

Also, when I export MPEG2, the audio is sometimes lagging behind the video or the video is cut off at the end. How can I fix this too?

• 1. Re: Problem with Ram Preview
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8
          > now whenever I try to do ram preview, it does it for around 2 seconds, then starts to play from the beginning and loop

"FAQ: Why does RAM preview only play part of my composition?"

> I tried using MPEG2 and H.264, but they gave me errors that said this. "After Effects: AEGP Plugin Media IO Plugin: There is a mismatch between Output Module settings and Transcode Settings. Please verify your settings and try again. Property Data Invalid! MediaIO2 error: 0x400e0004, Frame dimensions out of bounds.

I have no idea what that means and how I can fix this.

Those MPEG formats have somewhat strict constraints about things like frame size. The error message is telling you that you're trying to create a frame that doesn't match these constraints. There are instructions for what to do for each format in the Comments field in the export settings dialog box, as in the screenshot below. (After Effects CS5 made this a lot easier by automatically resizing images on output to fit the constraints.)

constraints.png