2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2010 2:55 PM by Wade_Zimmerman

Using Chinese Characters?

teklaRivny

Good afternoon -

I would like to use the Chinese characters found on the Mac with Illustrator, but when I type them in they just come up as regular Roman characters. How do I get the program to use the actual Chinese Glyphs?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Using Chinese Characters?
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Open the System Preferences languages and text and select chinese as one of the languages and then select a version of Chinese you want to input from the input method tab you will then see an American flag on the menu bar for the desktop you can pull that down and select that chinese input

there should then pull up a input method or use he glyphs panel but make certain you do have a chinese font select in the character panel as well.

So when you have a match between the font and the input type you will see the characters in the glyph and character panel either one will input

• 2. Re: Using Chinese Characters?
            Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Screen shot 2010-06-19 at 5.32.49 PM.pngScreen shot 2010-06-19 at 5.35.45 PM.png

I find the character panel easier I also think there should be a way of setting all of this up directly from Adobe applications