2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2010 12:57 AM by vipulanima2r

Newbie on video editing output and workflow questions.

tompenpark

Hi,

I'm a photographer and just enter the video world because if clients demand.

I have limited knowledge on NLE but lots of PPro tutorial helps me a lot especially in helping me import the files from 5D MarkII and edit in my i7 iMac.

The tutorial I can't find is how to export the video with the best output.

I'll need to export to Bluray, DVD, Youtube and Facebook. (These are where the clients want) all at 1080p.

When I go to export setting I was lost, there are so much format to select. I don't know should I select Quicktime, MPEG2 or MPEG4, or H.264 like the input came from. It's all look familiar to me.

Please advise on how to set the best setting. I would really appreciated.

Tom

• 1. Re: Newbie on video editing output and workflow questions.
          shooternz Level 6

With respect..

You are a professional stills photographer, but maybe you are not yet ready to sell "movies" to your clients yet.

Why not employ a professional editor to do this part of this project, you can learn from him / her while you also study up the process and workflow.

Meantime...trying to help...

You choose an export setting to meet the requirements of the delivery:.

Bluray, DVD, Youtube and Facebook. (These are where the clients want) all at 1080p.

Your clients are asking for the above which  is  actually 4 different encodes because they are 4  very different "deliveries".

Find out the deliverable requirement of each and then through trial and error... encode the project to each.

eg Youtube > H.264 (Youtube Preset)

Believe me... the learning curve on this, is a bit trial and error ( quality and file size, streaming and upload factors)

BTW: I have been doing this for a long time and encoding to client requirements is probably the least profitable part of my business.  Its difficult to charge enough for the hassle of it all.  Clients never believe how hard it is to get a 2 GB file down to a 4-5mb emailable file with  qualaity to their expectation !.

• 2. Re: Newbie on video editing output and workflow questions.
            vipulanima2r Level 2

Hey,

The best self help is product's help file (f1).. You'll find the workflow described pretty well for everything..

Next best place to find tutorial and self help is adobe tv.

Here's what i found something  you wanted:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs4/getting-started-13-exporting-your-project

Hope it helps

Thanks