1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2010 3:09 PM by JeffryHouser

Export small flex project to mobile?

sain23

Hi everyone! I am just learning Flex and have stumbled upon a problem...

I have created a small Flex project in Flash Builder 4 and it works very well on desktop and in a browser. However I need it to run on mobile phone with only Flash Lite support... is that possible? Flash professional can do this but I can't import fxp into Flash CS5.

I also don't see the point of the fact that Flash CS5 can export for iPhone and other mobile devices and has Device central integration when it isn't an app developing tool at all. Flash Builder should have this features!

Anyway, my application is very simple and I believe Flash Lite should be able to handle it. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Export small flex project to mobile?
          JeffryHouser Level 4

Due to Apple license restrictions, Adobe will no longer be continuing development of the Flash to iPhone Exporter application; and as such I do not expect the feature to be intergrated into Flash Builder.

Last I heard Flash Lite did not support ActionScript 3; and therefore would not support Flex based applications.

I expect that as Adobe releases their Flash Player for Mobile; you'll see a lot more tooling support for such things.  I expect a lot of talk / announcements / releases around this sort of functionality around Max this year, if not before.

In the meantime, there are a few other mobile options out there.  Check out Elips Studio from OpenPlug as one of them.