1 person found this helpful
you can try this
1. Quit Illustrator.
2. Rename the AIPrefs file (for example, to AIPrefs.old) in the Users/(user)/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CS5 Settings folder.
3. Start Illustrator. Illustrator creates a new preferences file.
Or it could be a corrupt user account you can create a new one with administrative privileges and log into it and see ifth problem goesaway.
it could be a plug in if you have any.
A corrupt font
a conflict with another software.
Thank you for your fast answer. That seemed to work. I will let you know if I have further issues with this.
You're welcome if it returns then it might be one of the other problems or combination of them.
I am still having this problem. I have renamed or deleted the AIPrefs file numerous times. I basically have stopped copying and use ALT-drag instead. I really would like to fix this though.
There are three interesting aspects to this crash.
1. Any work done since the last save is lost--meaning there is no recovery file.
2. There are no error logs. (that I know of)--meaning it does not want to report them. This morning it crashed and it did give me error logs(a 1st). I was able to open only one of them, the text file. However, I do not know what I am looking for. Would this be able to help solve the problem?
3. It does not crash on every paste, but often enough to be a real nusance.
What is the next step in trouble shooting?
Thank you very much,
I forgot to update. When the next update came out, the problem went away. Now everything works fine!