1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2007 6:28 AM by kglad

Revealing Layers On Command

kcSTL
      This may be a very basic question, as I am a novice Flash user. I am trying to label a sequence of images in Flash. I would like to add annotations to the images in a separate layer and create a button that upon being hit will reveal the annotation layer on each image. I am not sure how to go about doing this.

Also, does anyone know of a way to load a large number of images into Flash so that they are all centered in individual slides, instead of having to manually load and place each one?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Revealing Layers On Command
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can't control layers with actionscript.

if this is as2:

you can control depths with actionscript and that eliminates the need to control layers.

you can also control with actionscript: masking effects, the _x and _y properties of movieclips, the existence of movieclips, the _visible property of movieclips and the _alpha of movieclips. any one of which could be used to solve the issue in your first paragraph.

use loadMovie, loadMovieNum or loadClip to load images into flash and when loading is complete you can access the loaded images dimensions and therefore center it.

if this is as3, all of the above can be done but with different code.