3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 4:43 AM by jerry98225

Best practice to embed flex application in html

jerry98225 Level 1

Hello guys

I am not sure what's the best practice to embed the flex application. We couldn't use html code in flex builder. Would you guys edit the html files via other tools to embed the swf file after the application is completed or there are other ways to do it. Thanks for the reply.

• 1. Re: Best practice to embed flex application in html
          BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi Jerry,

Why you couldn't use the html code generated in flex builder. In the html wrapper file generated in FlexBuilder you have SWF embed code directly along with the Flash Player detection javascript code...If your users don't have the FlashPlayer installed or if they don't have the latest Flash Player version installed then the  application will prompt the users to install the latest Flash player plugin..

What's the problem that you have got by using the html wrapper file generated in FlexBuilder..

Thanks,

Bhasker Chari

• 2. Re: Best practice to embed flex application in html
            David_F57 Level 5

hi,

If you have a pre-existing html file that you need to use you can always use its structure as your template(adjusted to suit the insertion of the support scripts that really should be used with the swf). When you build your project you will have the html file as per your project requirements.

David.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Best practice to embed flex application in html
              jerry98225 Level 1

I just wanted to make sure the best practice to embed my flex file, it seems like modifying the flex generated html is the best way.

Thanks a lot! I think both of you provided the correct answer. I will give

BhaskerChari correct answer since he is the first one replying me. Helpful answer for you too David. Thanks again!