1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 10:27 AM by jendehaan

Multiple Tweens on the same Layer?

John Stanowski Level 1

Is it okay to have more than one new-style tween on the same layer?

I seem to remember reading that you shouldn't do it.

I was mad at Flash CS4 and CS5 because I wasn't able to make the animation work like After Effects, as far as animating something, having it rest, and then animating it again.  I know you can do this already, however, if you add easing you could mess yourself up as the ease gets applied to the entire tween. I wanted to be able to tween something with an ease, then let it rest, then tween it again, again with an ease.

Tonight I discovered this: Place CTI over last frame of first tween, select object, copy. Go to next "slot" and Insert Blank Keyframe, then Paste in Place the object. Make some more frames. Then after it all make a New Keyframe (content from preceeding keyframe gets copied into it, then add more frames, select them and Make Tween. I now have 2 tweens on the same layer, each with their own easing that can't get stretched out of place.

However, when I did this I noticed, before making the second tween, that I was not able to just click the object and Make Tween from there. I had to actually make regular frames and convert them. This isn't normal. So, I'm just wondering if I got this to work through some loophole in CS5's code or if this is normal?