2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2007 1:31 PM by James Newton, ACP

Using Collisions to Change Frame - Help Please

mbrown174
      Hello, I always come to this forum when I need help - its a great source of information. Was hoping someone knew what to do about my latest problem. I have a scene with several objects - a character you can move around and several token he picks up. Collision detection is achieved with Collision Modifiers. Upon the character touching one of these tokens I call a global variable called frame jump which is initially set to false. When I pick up a token it becomes true and it goes to the framejump handler which then tells the movie to switch frames.

My problem is that I cant seem to set up the modifiers properly so that more the one frame can be viewed. Currently no matter what token I go to in the scene - the same frame of the movie comes up. I dont know what is causing it.

My Code (apologies for what might be horrible code)

• 1. Re: Using Collisions to Change Frame - Help Please
          Minds Eye Level 1
          I'm afraid I don't understand what it is you're trying to achieve.

The line (s)
          go to frame 4 + sprite(me.spriteNum).member.resetWorld() + frameJump = false
          doesn't make any sense at all
          I presume you want Lingo to do each of those things?
          Therefore they should be all on seperate lines:
          go to frame 4
          sprite(me.spriteNum).member.resetWorld()
          frameJump = false

I'm not sure why you would want to resetWorld. When you go to frame 4, does this contain a different 3D object?
          • 2. Re: Using Collisions to Change Frame - Help Please
            James Newton, ACP Level 3
            Here's what I think you are trying to do:
            When the user's character collides with one of the token objects, you want to unlock a scene at a given frame. If the user has collected a number of tokens, all the associated scenes should be unlocked.

It seems to me that the same 3D sprite containing the same 3D member appears at all the target frames. This leads me to guess that the "scenes" you wish to jump to are in fact inside the same 3D world.

It might be helpful if you could create a storyboard of how your movie is to work, and post it somewhere on-line so that we can take a look at it .