3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 10:56 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 8 trial crashes when creating a new project

anchor.gnome

Was redirected to the forums by a support tech, who informed me that Adobe provides no phone support for trial products...

Installed Adobe Premiere Elements 8 trial for one of our creatives to evaluate.  Platform is Windows XP x64.

Installed as an administrator account, however the user is not an admin.  When run under the administrative account, the program seems to function normally, but crashes when run as the local user, with the following error messages:

scratch.jpg

project_save.jpg

And finally...

debug_event.jpg

The user's My Documents is redirected to a network share, in case that would be an issue.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8 trial crashes when creating a new project
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

One - WinXp64 was an oddity, that is not supported by much

Two - "When run under the administrative account, the program seems to function normally"

My understanding (remember that this is a USER TO USER forum, so I don't work for Adobe) is that all flavors of Premiere require 100% of a computer's resources... and that includes being run as Administrator

If the program works for you when run as Administrator... that is what you need to do

Three - "My Documents is redirected to a network share, in case that would be an issue"

Again my understanding... all flavors of Premiere are NOT designed to use a network... they were/are designed to be installed on a single computer and to run on that computer

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 8 trial crashes when creating a new project
            nealeh Level 5

Assign 'Full Control' permissions to 'everyone' on all folders used by PRE (program, project, scratch)

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 8 trial crashes when creating a new project
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I would definitely look to the Administrative Account, and make sure that the program is installed locally, and not on a networked drive. This CHECKLIST is for the general installation of Adobe products.

As has been pointed out, XP-x64 was never a certified OS for any Adobe program. It was basically a beta-only OS, and in many ways an evolutionary dead-end, though I am sure much of its code survives in Vista and Win7. Many Adobe users had issues, but many got it to work fine. Much seems to depend on the various drivers.

Good luck,

Hunt