2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2010 4:28 AM by powerdogvt

Forms can't be saved

powerdogvt

My client sent me this message about saving a filled in form in Acrobat Reader 9 (Win). It's a form I created in Acrobat 9 Pro (Mac), and extended usage rights ARE enabled:

there is a button that looks like the original save button that says "create pdf" when you click on it...I was confused and thought it was the save button (there is none), and it didn't let me save anything...there is still a print button, through which I could print to pdf.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Forms can't be saved
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

They need to open it in Reader and use File>Save after they fill it out.

From your description, I'n not sure exactly what they are doing.

• 2. Re: Forms can't be saved
            powerdogvt Level 1

Now I have more specific/accurate information on the saving problem.

The form I created in AP9 (with extended reader rights) defaults to opening with the "save" option unchecked in Customize Toolbar Options. Other forms open with that option checked.

Other people have reported this problem, because they see a greyed out save icon and think the form can't be saved. However, if they actually click the option, the save button is usable.

Is there something else I should do in AP that would provide the save button as the default?