1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 3:09 PM by msakrejda

Flex 4 localization vs loading texts

FM_Flame Level 1

Hi, I have a simple question. I am getting familiar with localization in flex 4 and the question that pops into my mind is, can I use dynamicly these resourses that I compile in the application or use as modules. By dynamicly I mean that If I use http request to get the texts from a database for example in xml format or object format doesn't matter, I can also build a control panel where you can edit those text values, which is very handy and neat if the clients wants to edit his texts or add new language and so on. So is that possible with the localization files ? Or they are just for me.. the flex dev to configure and use?

• 1. Re: Flex 4 localization vs loading texts
          msakrejda Level 4

The most dynamic out-of-the-box support you'll get with Flex localization is runtime-loaded resource modules. I.e., you pre-define a number of translations via resource bundles, and these can be loaded (and unloaded, and reloaded) dynamically at runtime. IResourceManager exposes methods for finer-grained control, so what you're talking about is in fact possible, but it would take a fair amount of work.